Get Started With YouTube Shorts, a New Way To Watch And Create On YouTube
YouTube has launched a new way to create, watch and discover short videos on its platform, YouTube Shorts. A platform that has always been a home of entertainment, they’ve enabled an entire generation of creators who have shared their voice and found an audience of more than two billion people.
Expanding on its current offering, they’ve introduced YouTube Shorts; a new short-form video experience right on YouTube for creators and artists who want to shoot short, catchy videos using nothing but their mobile phones.
How does it work?
Create: Creation is at the core of short-form video, and they want to make it easy and fun to create Shorts. To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to the YouTube app.
- Tap Create and then Create a Short.
- To make your Short longer than 15 seconds, tap 15 above the record button to record up to 60 seconds (60).
Note: Recording with music from our library or the original audio from other videos is limited to 15 seconds.
- (Optional) Tap Speed to speed up or slow down recording.
- (Optional) Tap Timer to set the countdown to record hands-free and choose when to automatically stop recording.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and then again to stop.
- Tap undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap redo to add it back.
- Tap done to preview and enhance your video.
- Tap NEXT to add details to your video. From this screen, add a title (max 100 characters), and choose settings, like video privacy.
Note: The default video privacy setting for creators aged 13–17 is private. If you’re 18 or older, your default video privacy setting is set to public. Everyone can change this setting to make their video public, private, or unlisted.
- Tap Select audience “Yes, it’s made for kids” or “No, it’s not made for kids” to choose your audience. Learn more about made for kids.
- Tap UPLOAD to publish your Short.
Get discovered: Every month, 2 billion viewers come to YouTube to laugh, learn and connect. Creators have built entire businesses on YouTube, and they want to enable the next generation of mobile creators to also grow a community on YouTube with Shorts.
Watch: Right now, viewers may find your Shorts by tapping Shorts at the bottom of the YouTube app. They may also find Shorts:
- On the YouTube homepage.
- In their notifications.
- Checking their Subscriptions.
- Featured on your channel page. Learn how to customize your channel layout.
- Once they tap into a Short, viewers can scroll to watch more short videos.
Wherever they find them, subscribers gained from watching your Shorts count toward Creator Awards Program milestones.